- In our observation, Goldman’s release appeared on their website at 7:35am ET – possibly 7:34am ET however, Dow Jones' headlines started reporting the results at 7:33am ET.
- From our observations, the Zack’s coverage, while it says 7:06am ET, did not appear prior to the Dow headlines and seems to have been “post dated” in its posting to
- None of the Goldman headlines on TD Ameritrade provide direct links to the full content of the Goldman release – whereas in the Q2 reporting cycle the full text of the release is accessible by clicking on a series of Dow Jones headlines.
- The absence of a broad, simultaneous distribution of the entire news release to financial portals such as TD Ameritrade remains our principal critique of the website-driven disclosure.
- Even the advance notification of certain major financial media such as Dow Jones did not achieve the same level of access to the source content (the actual release) as did Goldman's previous paid wire service distribution.
- Also, anecdotally, the first MarketWatch Clip today was at 7:40am ET vs. 7:37am ET for Q2 reporting.
Goldman Sachs Q2 Reporting Headlines From July 16th as appear today on TD Ameritrade (Release issued via a Newswire Service at 7:35 a.m. ET)